Tuesday 10 December 2013

Arjun Kapoor relates himself to his character in the Sajid Nadiadwala-Karan Johar co-produced ‘2 States’!



Having played the rough and rowdy guy, who played with guns in his previous two films, actor Arjun Kapoor is now going to be featured as someone very calm and sober. His upcoming romantic film opposite newcomer Alia Bhatt, which is a screen adaptation of the book written by author Chetan Bhagat 2 States, is going to prove a wonderful project. Being co-produced by film makers SajidNadiadwala and Karan Johar, 2 States is slated to release on 18th April, 2014. Based completely on Chetan’s novel with the same name, which also explains the author’s real life love story, the movie is being directed by debutant director Abhishek Varman. The best part is that the director has chosen not to tamper with the original story of the book.


Being portrayed as a very simple and common man kind of guy, Arjun Kapoor relates himself to his character in the Sajid Nadiadwala and Karan Johar co-produced 2 States. Talking about his role in the movie, where the first time he is not playing the violent and arrogant young spoilt boy, Arjun said, “I have never played a contemporary boy before. I have been either gun-toting or guns have been around me. But this is a character that I relate to personally – he is not a geek, but when he fall in love, he becomes this very goofy guy from this very assured human being. In that sense, the love story appealed to me, the fact that I am not playing this cocky, suave guy. It is one of the closest characters to me that I have chosen. This is something I could really relate to. My family is Punjabi, so I know this stereotypical thought process exists – ‘Achha, tu Gujarati se pyaar karta hai?’ which is common.”

Sajid Nadiadwala was the one, who had liked the story of ChetanBhagat’s 2 States and bought the rights for it, thereby deciding to make it into a film with Karan Johar!

No comments:

Post a Comment