Friday 7 March 2014

Sajid Nadiadwala and Imtiaz Ali’s next was actually their first movie together



It is true that hard work is the key to success, but you also need a little help from the universe. Seems like the stars are in favor of producer Sajid Nadiadwala, owner of Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment Pvt Ltd. Gone are the days when he used to have one release in a year and would work only with Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar. He has a whole bunch of movies lined up for release this year and is all set to launch some fresh talents, be it Tiger Shroff, Jackie’s Shroff’s son, as the lead actor in Heropanti, or Abhishek Verman, who is a find of the Dharma camp, as the director of his next collaboration with Karan Johar. “When I made one film a year, I did it with people I liked. I made four-five films with Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar. But these new films need newer faces. We are launching new directors next year, like I launched Shirish (Kunder), Sajid (Khan), Sabbir (Khan), etc, a few years ago,” said Sajid.

Referring to his recent release 'Highway' and the upcoming '2 States', he said “There are new stories coming my way and since they are interesting, I am backing them.” Sajid Nadiadwala and Imtiaz Ali have found critical acclaim and great success working with each other. “If I could, I would've had him on board four years ago. Our second movie with Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone starts in July. We wanted to work on it first, but since we had a gap of six-eight months while planning it, we made Highway. It's a wonderful story told in a modest budget and I didn't want to let go of an opportunity to work with Imtiaz,” says Sajid.

Sajid Nadiadwala is also very confident of his collaboration with Karan Johar for the Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor starrer 2 States. He said, “That film was green-lighted by 90% of the industry. Whoever I went to, they wanted to do it because they had read the book. One of Karan's directors had written a screenplay. I read it and loved it.” 2 States, which is a screen adaptation of Chetan Bhagat’s novel with the same name, is going to release on the 18th of April 2014. 




No comments:

Post a Comment