Tuesday 5 November 2013

“My cost is my budget; my budget is not my cost!” – Sajid Nadiadwala



It is a common procedure for making every film that involves setting up a budget in the initial stages. Once the budget of the movie has been decided, the team can go ahead with making the film and distributing work to the crew. The actors also have to be offered a particular amount for working in the film as per the budget finalized. This means that all the expenses related to the making of the film depend upon its capital. However, this is not the case for popular film producer of Bollywood Sajid Nadiadwala. He says, “My cost is my budget; my budget is not my cost!” This means that the skilled producer is never worried about the amount of money that he has to pay for making a movie. All that matters is whether the film is exceptionally well made and presentable to the audiences.


He never decides the budget way before the film has been started. The man prefers to go with the flow. He spends wherever necessary and will help in improving the look of the film and the cast. The location also needs to be perfect, irrespective of the expense incurred in reaching the place and accommodating the entire cast and crew there. Sajid Nadiadwala believes that constraining the budget might affect the final output, which can prove fatal. Rather he takes interest in increasing the business of his projects that can help in recovering all the expenditure. In his case, the budget of his movie can be clearly states only after the release, when all the expenditure has been made. This makes him stand out from all the other film makers in the industry. Sajid is unique and has his own ways of movie making, which are quite interesting.

Sajid Nadiadwala also had jokingly said, “If any actor or producer is willing to partner with me for making a film, will only incur losses because I do not have a control over spending on my movies!”

No comments:

Post a Comment